Kashmiri Am I.

No one can take away from me My identity, For it is mine. Kashmiri am I. I am the river that flows ...Through my land. I am the mountain Noble and magnificent Rising up out of chaos and destruction. I greet the morning sun That shines down on my fertile valleys I am the red rose and yellow tulips That grow upon my bloodstained hills I am the battle cry of freedom That echoes through my corridors And every fiber of my being. Kashmiri am I. I am the proud owner of apple orchards and cherry blossoms and honey bees,wild and free. I am the David child wielding a single stone Against the Indian Goliath. I am not afraid, For truth is with me and God is on my side. My brethren are the bulbuls,hoopoes and kingfishers That fly unhindered above my rivers I am a Kashmiri,Therefore, I am. No one can take my identity Away from me, Not tanks or guns or bombs Meant to desecrate me and kill me, My country lives in me. I am the cry of liberty, No matter what they take from me, They can't take away my identity Or my dignity. Kashmiri Am I.