Selected quotes from the Quran - (chapter:verse.)
- 2:89. When this scripture came to them from GOD, and even though it agrees with, and confirms what they have, and even though they used to prophesy its advent when they talked with the disbelievers, when their own prophecy came to pass, they disbelieved therein. GOD's condemnation thus afflicts the disbelievers.
2:90. Miserable indeed is what they sold their souls for- rejecting these revelations of GOD out of sheer resentment that GOD should bestow His grace upon whomever He chooses from among His servants. Consequently, they incurred wrath upon wrath. The disbelievers have incurred a humiliating retribution.
2:91. When they are told, "You shall believe in these revelations of GOD," they say, "We believe only in what was sent down to us." Thus, they disbelieve in subsequent revelations, even if it is the truth from their Lord, and even though it confirms what they have! Say, "Why then did you kill GOD's prophets, if you were believers?"
- 3:82. Those who reject this (Quranic prophecy) are the evil ones.
3:83. Are they seeking other than GOD's religion, when everything in the heavens and the earth has submitted to Him, willingly and unwillingly, and to Him they will be returned?
- 4:82. Why do they not study the Quran carefully? If it were from other than GOD, they would have found in it numerous contradictions.
- 4:174. O people, a proof has come to you from your Lord; we have sent down to you a profound beacon.
4:175. Those who believe in GOD, and hold fast to Him, He will admit them into mercy from Him, and grace, and will guide them to Him in a straight path.
- 5:15. O people of the scripture, our messenger has come to you to proclaim for you many things you have concealed in the scripture, and to pardon many other transgressions you have committed. A beacon has come to you from GOD, and a profound scripture.
5:16. With it, GOD guides those who seek His approval. He guides them to the paths of peace, leads them out of darkness into the light by His leave, and guides them in a straight path.
5:17. Pagans indeed are those who say that GOD is the Messiah, the son of Mary. Say, "Who could oppose GOD if He willed to annihilate the Messiah, son of Mary, and his mother, and everyone on earth?" To GOD belongs the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, and everything between them. He creates whatever He wills. GOD is Omnipotent.
5:18. The Jews and the Christians said, "We are GOD's children and His beloved." Say, "Why then does He punish you for your sins? You are just humans like the other humans He created. " He forgives whomever He wills and punishes whomever He wills. To GOD belongs the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, and everything between them, and to Him is the final destiny.
5:19. O people of the scripture, our messenger has come to you, to explain things to you, after a period of time without messengers, lest you say, "We did not receive any preacher or warner." A preacher and warner has now come to you. GOD is Omnipotent.
- 6:19. Say, "Whose testimony is the greatest?" Say, "GOD's. He is the witness between me and you that this Quran has been inspired to me, to preach it to you and whomever it reaches. Indeed, you bear witness that there are other gods beside GOD." Say, "I do not testify as you do; there is only one god, and I disown your idolatry."
6:20. Those to whom we have given the scripture recognize this as they recognize their own children. The ones who lose their souls are those who do not believe.
6:21. Who is more evil than one who lies about GOD, or rejects His revelations? The transgressors never succeed.
- 6:48. We do not send the messengers except as deliverers of good news, as well as warners. Those who believe and reform have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.
6:49. As for those who reject our revelations, they incur the retribution for their wickedness.
6:50. Say, "I do not say to you that I possess the treasures of GOD. Nor do I know the future. Nor do I say to you that I am an angel. I simply follow what is revealed to me." Say, "Is the blind the same as the seer? Do you not reflect?"
6:51. And preach with this (Quran) to those who reverence the summoning before their Lord- they have none beside Him as a Lord and Master, nor an intercessor- that they may attain salvation.
6:52. And do not dismiss those who implore their Lord day and night, devoting themselves to Him alone. You are not responsible for their reckoning, nor are they responsible for your reckoning. If you dismiss them, you will be a transgressor.
6:53. We thus test the people by each other, to let them say (mockingly), "Are these the people among us who are blessed by GOD?" Is GOD not aware of the appreciative ones?
6:54. When those who believe in our revelations come to you, you shall say, "Salamun `Alaykum (Peace be upon you). Your Lord has decreed that mercy is His attribute. Thus, anyone among you who commits a transgression out of ignorance, and repents thereafter and reforms, then He is Forgiving, Most Merciful."
6:55. We thus explain the revelations, and point out the ways of the wicked.
6:56. Say, "I am forbidden from worshiping what you worship besides GOD." Say, "I will not follow your opinions. Otherwise, I will go astray, and not be guided."
6:57. Say, "I have solid proof from my Lord, and you have rejected it. I do not control the retribution you challenge me to bring. Judgment belongs with GOD alone. He narrates the truth, and He is the best judge."
6:58. Say, "If I controlled the retribution you challenge me to bring, the whole matter would have been terminated long ago. GOD knows best who the wicked are."
- 6:68. If you see those who mock our revelations, you shall avoid them until they delve into another subject. If the devil causes you to forget, then, as soon as you remember, do not sit with such evil people.
6:69. The righteous are not responsible for the utterances of those people, but it may help to remind them; perhaps they may be saved.
6:70. You shall disregard those who take their religion in vain, as if it is a social function, and are totally absorbed in this worldly life. Remind with this (Quran), lest a soul may suffer the consequences of its evil earnings. It has none beside GOD as a Lord and Master, nor an intercessor. If it could offer any kind of ransom, it would not be accepted. They suffer the consequences of the evil works they earn; they have incurred hellish drinks, and a painful retribution because of their disbelief.
6:71. Say, "Shall we implore, beside GOD, what possesses no power to benefit us or hurt us, and turn back on our heels after GOD has guided us? In that case, we would join those possessed by the devils, and rendered utterly confused, while their friends try to save them: `Stay with us on the right path.' " Say, "GOD's guidance is the right guidance. We are commanded to submit to the Lord of the universe.
6:72. "And to observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), and to reverence Him-He is the One before whom ou will be summoned (for the reckoning)."
6:73. He is the One who created the heavens and the earth, truthfully. Whenever He says, "Be," it is. His word is the absolute truth. All sovereignty belongs to Him the day the horn is blown. Knower of all secrets and declarations, He is the Most Wise, the Cognizant.
- 6:125. Whomever GOD wills to guide, He renders his chest wide open to Submission. And whomever He wills to send astray, He renders his chest intolerant and straitened, like one who climbs towards the sky. GOD thus places a curse upon those who refuse to believe.
6:126. This is the straight path to your Lord. We have explained the revelations for people who take heed.
6:127. They have deserved the abode of peace at their Lord; He is their Lord and Master, as a reward for their works.
6:128. The day will come when He summons all of them (and says): "O you jinns, you have claimed multitudes of humans." Their human companions will say, "Our Lord, we enjoyed each others' company until we wasted the life span You had set for us." He will say, "Hell is your destiny." They abide therein forever, in accordance with GOD's will. Your Lord is Wise, Omniscient.
6:129. We thus match the wicked to be companions of each other, as a punishment for their transgressions.
6:130. O you jinns and humans, did you not receive messengers from among you, who narrated to you My revelations, and warned you about the meeting of this day? They will say, "We bear witness against ourselves." They were totally preoccupied with the worldly life, and they will bear witness against themselves that they were disbelievers.
6:131. This is to show that your Lord never annihilates any community unjustly, while its people are unaware.
6:132. Everyone will attain a rank commensurate with their deeds. Your Lord is never unaware of anything they do.
6:133. Your Lord is the Rich One; possessor of all mercy. If He wills, He can remove you, and substitute whomever He wills in your place, just as He produced you from the progeny of other people.
6:134. What is promised to you will come to pass, and you can never evade it.
6:135. Say, "O my people, do your best, and so will I. You will surely find out who the ultimate victors are." Certainly, the wicked will never succeed.
- 7:52. We have given them a scripture that is fully detailed, with knowledge, guidance, and mercy for the people who believe.
7:53. Are they waiting until all (prophecies) are fulfilled? The day such fulfillment comes to pass, those who disregarded it in the past will say, "The messengers of our Lord have brought the truth. Are there any intercessors to intercede on our behalf? Would you send us back, so that we change our behavior, and do better works than what we did?" They have lost their souls, and their own innovations have caused their doom.
7:54. Your Lord is the one GOD, who created the heavens and the earth in six days, then assumed all authority. The night overtakes the day, as it pursues it persistently, and the sun, the moon, and the stars are committed to serve by His command. Absolutely, He controls all creation and all commands. Most Exalted is GOD, Lord of the universe.
7:55. You shall worship your Lord publicly and privately; He does not love the transgressors.
7:56. Do not corrupt the earth after it has been set straight, and worship Him out of reverence, and out of hope. Surely, GOD's mercy is attainable by the righteous.
7:57. He is the One who sends the wind with good omen, as a mercy from His hands. Once they gather heavy clouds, we drive them to dead lands, and send down water therefrom, to produce with it all kinds of fruits. We thus resurrect the dead, that you may take heed.
7:58. The good land readily produces its plants by the leave of its Lord, while the bad land barely produces anything useful. We thus explain the revelations for people who are appreciative.
- 10:15. When our revelations are recited to them, those who do not expect to meet us say, "Bring a Quran other than this, or change it!" Say, "I cannot possibly change it on my own. I simply follow what is revealed to me. I fear, if I disobey my Lord, the retribution of an awesome day."
10:16. Say, "Had GOD willed, I would not have recited it to you, nor would you have known anything about it. I have lived among you a whole life before this (and you have known me as a sane, truthful person). Do you not understand?"
10:17. Who is more evil than one who fabricates lies about GOD, or rejects His revelations. Certainly, the transgressors never succeed.
10:18. They worship beside GOD idols that possess no power to harm them or benefit them, and they say, "These are our intercessors at GOD!" Say, "Are you informing GOD of something He does not know in the heavens or the earth?" Be He glorified. He is the Most High; far above needing partners.
10:19. The people used to be one congregation, then they disputed. If it were not for a predetermined word from your Lord, they would have been judged immediately regarding their disputes.
- 10:61. You do not get into any situation, nor do you recite any Quran, nor do you do anything, without us being witnesses thereof as you do it. Not even an atom's weight is out of your Lord's control, be it in the heavens or the earth. Nor is there anything smaller than an atom, or larger, that is not recorded in a profound record.
- 12:111. In their history, there is a lesson for those who possess intelligence. This is not fabricated Hadith; this (Quran) confirms all previous scriptures, provides the details of everything, and is a beacon and mercy for those who believe.
- 15:1. A.L.R. These (letters) are proofs of this scripture; a profound Quran.
15:2. Certainly, those who disbelieved will wish they were submitters.
15:3. Let them eat, enjoy, and remain blinded by wishful thinking; they will find out.
15:4. We never annihilated any community, except in accordance with a specific, predetermined time.
15:5. The end of any community can never be advanced, nor delayed.
15:6. They said, "O you who received this reminder, you are crazy.
15:7. "Why do you not bring down the angels, if you are truthful?"
15:8. We do not send down the angels except for specific functions. Otherwise, no one will be respited.
- 15:85. We did not create the heavens and the earth, and everything between them, except for a specific purpose. The end of the world will come, so treat them with benign neglect.
15:86. Your Lord is the Creator, the Omniscient.
15:87. We have given you the seven pairs, and the great Quran.
15:88. Do not be jealous of what we bestowed upon the other (messengers), and do not be saddened (by the disbelievers), and lower your wing for the believers.
15:89. And proclaim: "I am the manifest warner."
15:90. We will deal with the dividers.
15:91. They accept the Quran only partially.
15:92. By your Lord, we will question them all,
15:93. about everything they have done.
15:94. Therefore, carry out the orders given to you, and disregard the idol worshipers.
15:95. We will spare you the mockers,
15:96. who set up another god beside GOD. They will surely find out.
15:97. We know full well that you may be annoyed by their utterances.
15:98. You shall sing the praises of your Lord, and be with the prostrators.
15:99. And worship your Lord, in order to attain certainty.
- 16:98. When you read the Quran, you shall seek refuge in GOD from Satan the rejected.
16:99. He has no power over those who believe and trust in their Lord.
16:100. His power is limited to those who choose him as their master, those who choose him as their god.
16:101. When we substitute one revelation in place of another, and GOD is fully aware of what He reveals, they say, "You made this up!" Indeed, most of them do not know.
16:102. Say, "The Holy Spirit has brought it down from your Lord, truthfully, to assure those who believe, and to provide a beacon and good news for the submitters."
16:103. We are fully aware that they say, "A human being is teaching him!" The tongue of the source they hint at is non-Arabic, and this is a perfect Arabic tongue.
16:104. Surely, those who do not believe in GOD's revelations, GOD does not guide them. They have incurred a painful retribution.
16:105. The only ones who fabricate false doctrines are those who do not believe in GOD's revelations; they are the real liars.
- 18:57. Who are more evil than those who are reminded of their Lord's proofs, then disregard them, without realizing what they are doing. Consequently, we place shields on their hearts to prevent them from understanding it (the Quran), and deafness in their ears. Thus, no matter what you do to guide them, they can never ever be guided.
18:58. Yet, your Lord is the Forgiver, full of mercy. If He called them to account for their deeds, He would annihilate them right there and then. Instead, He gives them a respite until a specific, predetermined time; then they can never escape.
18:59. Many a community we annihilated because of their transgressions; we designated a specific time for their annihilation.
- 25:27. The day will come when the transgressor will bite his hands (in anguish) and say, "Alas, I wish I had followed the path with the messenger.
25:28. "Alas, woe to me, I wish I did not take that person as a friend.
25:29. "He has led me away from the message after it came to me. Indeed, the devil lets down his human victims."
25:30. The messenger said, "My Lord, my people have deserted this Quran."
25:31. We also set up against every prophet enemies from among the guilty. Your Lord suffices as a guide, a master.
25:32. Those who disbelieved said, "Why did not the Quran come through him all at once?" We have released it to you gradually, in order to fix it in your memory. We have recited it in a specific sequence.
- 85:19. Those who disbelieve are plagued with denial.
85:20. GOD is fully aware of them.
85:21. Indeed, it is a glorious Quran.
85:22. In a preserved master tablet.
All the quotes (above) are courtesy of Dr Rashad Khalifa's english translation of the Quran.
PLEASE read the Quran in its entirety, in context of its chapters and verses regularly, and pray to God alone for guidance and understanding, my clarity came from just this (all praises to Allah).
I am a Muslim that bears witness that 'there is no god besides God, He alone is God, He has no partners'. I do not idolise prophets, messengers, religious leaders/scholars or anyone else. Therefore, 'Praise be to GOD and peace be upon His servants whom He chose' (adapted from 27:59.).